Re: st: Is it valid to use the individual ratios (i.e. Xi/Yi) in the dependent or independent part of a regression model?

From   Phil Clayton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is it valid to use the individual ratios (i.e. Xi/Yi) in the dependent or independent part of a regression model?
Date   Mon, 28 May 2012 06:30:14 +1000

I'm not convinced. The first paper you cited measured 24-h urine concentration, not spot urine, and the second paper presents no data directly supporting its argument.

There is also (in my opinion) an argument for using the same methodology as others in the field, and most people would use an ACR. Why don't you try modelling it in different ways and see whether your conclusions are sensitive to the choice of model?

Phil