Re: st: Is it valid to use the individual ratios (i.e. Xi/Yi) in the dependent or independent part of a regression model?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Is it valid to use the individual ratios (i.e. Xi/Yi) in the dependent or independent part of a regression model?
Date   Sun, 27 May 2012 17:07:52 +0800

Dear David:
In a sample (not a survey sample) of about 500 hospital chronic kidney
disease patients, I am using ACR as the:
1. Dependent variable: regress ACR age gender cholesterol (Is it
better to regress urinary albumin on urinary creatinine, age, gender
and cholesterol?)
2. Independent variable: regress cholesterol age gender ACR (Is it
better to regress cholesterol on age, gender, urinary albumin and
urinary creatinine?)
 "Patients with chronic kidney disease" is the population in the
inferential statistics. The population ACR (but not the population
totals of urinary albumin or urinary creatinine) are my concerns.

Thank you.
Jinn-Yuh