st: creating group property in a panel data

From   Caliph Omar Moumin <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: creating group property in a panel data
Date   Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

dear statlist
My panel data is patient registry of one year which includes variable ID,  and variable daignosis. I group classified daignosis into two groups
those related to alcohol and those not related to alcohol.
so a varaible name called groupdaig is created with 0 for non-related to alcohol and 1 = for related to alcohol. That was so far good.
since my data is a panel data same observation in the ID variable is included in both non-alcohol related daignosis and the alcohol related diagnosis.
How can i make unique property, or code to this group? the observatios (patients) which are treated both alcohol and non-alcohol related daignosis?
I tried to apply this
but i didn't fit to my data structure.
Kind Regards,