Re: st: conditional SE of y|X in glm

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: conditional SE of y|X in glm
Date   Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:57:25 +0100

See -glmcorr- (SSC) for one approach here. That calculates an rmse
which appears similar, if not identical, to what you want. I like to
have such measures accessible for comparing -glm- results  with those
of other models in which rmse appears naturally. Perhaps it is a
comfort blanket, but there you go.

Note that putting a constant into a variable is usually overkill as

di sqrt(e(dispers))

does the calculation. Use a scalar or local macro if you want to store
the value.