st: Post codes to locality

From   "Paul O'Brien" <paul.obrien@afe2.org.uk>
Subject   st: Post codes to locality
Date   Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:14:49 +0100

I have a clinical database with postcodes of patients and want to convert the post codes to locality (LSOA). I have  a file with corresponding post codes/locality, but there are over 1m post codes in England and around 35,000 localities.

An gen .. if ... command takes for ever.

Is there a simper way?

Thanks,

Paul

Dr Paul O'Brien
Raymede Clinic
Westside Contraception and Sexual Health Services
Central London Community Healthcare
Exmoor St
London
W10 6DZ