re: Re: st: -cmp- does not work properly - wrong installation?

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re: Re: st: -cmp- does not work properly - wrong installation?
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:31:44 -0400

This morning I did

adoupdate cmp, update
adoupdate ghk2, update

and I was then able to run all of the examples in the cmp help file without any errors. (It did complain when I did not have an up-to-date ghk2 installed).
In Stata 12 (and perhaps even 11), the -mata mlib index- should be done automatically when you install (and, I hope, when you update any package containing a .mlib). But giving that command, or just restarting Stata, can't hurt.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the version of cmp currently available from SSC. That said, there will be a new version available within a few hours, as David Roodman has sent me files containing some bug fixes. Later tonight or tomorrow, just use -adoupdate- as above if you have his -cmp- installed.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |