Re: st: meanonly

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: meanonly
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:21:52 +0200

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Chiara Mussida wrote:
> predict pip if fem==0, xb
> predicts the betas from the above reg * the mean of the independent
> variables in my data, which do not necessarily correspond to the ones
> used to fit my reg. Right?

-predict varname, xb-  gives you xb _not_ b, as the name of that
option suggests. To get the betas I would probable not use -predict-.
-predict- is good for getting the means and probabilities. You need to
be a bit more creative when dealing with the betas.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen