st: import excel

From   "Jenniffer Solorzano Mosquera" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: import excel
Date   Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:36:42 +0200

Is there any way to import several files from excel with a loop in such a =
way I preserve the original format of the data?

I have 100 excel reports of 100 firms each one. The problem is that every =
single row is a firm but the firm has many observations by date in the =
same cell. In excel you can see that with format the information is =
possible to read because they are separated in terms of format but they =
are in the same cell.=20
For example:
This list is information of firm 1, and it is only in one cell:

This list is for firm 2, in the next row and so on:

When I import everything appears in only one cell in the dta file. The =
problem is that there is no regular pattern of the variables. Some columns =
are value of investments (not only dates) so you can not separate by =
programming a regular loop to identify the information imported. I can =
identify the dates because they are made from 10 digits always, but the =
same doesn't happen with other type of information.

Any recommendation?