st: IV-oprobit using the cmp command

From   Peter Gambrill <>
Subject   st: IV-oprobit using the cmp command
Date   Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:35:59 +0100

I am trying to using Instrumental variables using a probit
specification. The command I have found is the "cmp" command, I just
wondered if anyone had experience of using this and could help me with
this estimation.

My endogenous variable is a measure of gender identity. This is a
discrete variable that has a scale of 7 to 33.

Gender Identity = constant + instruments + error

The second stage dependant variable is a measure of subjective well
being on a scale of 1 to 36

Subjective well-being = constant + controls + gender identity + error

Can anyone give some advice on how I might achieve this estimation
using stata?

Many Thanks