Re: st: Logit Model- Controlling for Differences Across Groups (Countries)

Subject   Re: st: Logit Model- Controlling for Differences Across Groups (Countries)
Date   Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:33:46 +0200

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Michael Weinberg wrote:
> As I understood from your advice, I can include this information only
> by removing some or all country dummies, and then I'm still limited to
> only four macro variable. I am unfortunately not an expert with
> binary-response regressions, but this seems like a major limitation to
> these models.

This is not a limitation of binary models but a limitation of your
data. For the macro variables the number of observations is in essence
the number of macro units (in your case countries), not the number of
individuals. This is true for all models. So for the macro variables
you only have 5 observations. No amount of statistical trickery can
get around that limitation of the data.

Hope this is not too depressing,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis