st: Favorite Stata command contest results

From   Karen Strope <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Favorite Stata command contest results
Date   Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:11:53 -0500

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I told you about a contest we were having on our
Facebook page that asked users about their favorite command or feature
in Stata. The contest has come to an end, and I wanted to share the
results with you.

2,235 Likes, 1st place:  Rodrigo Briceno
                         One of the most remarkable experiences with
                         Stata was when I learned to use loops. Making
                         repetitive procedures in so short amounts of
                         time is really amazing! I LIKE STATA!

1,464 Likes, 2nd place:  Juan Jose Salcedo
                         My Favorite STATA command is by far COLLAPSE!
                         Getting descriptive statistics couldn't be
                         any easier!

  140 Likes, 3rd place:  Tymon Sloczynski
                         My favourite command is 'oaxaca', a
                         user-written command (by Ben Jann from Zurich)
                         which can be used to carry out the so-called
                         Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition. I often use it
                         in my research and it saves a lot of time -
                         which easily makes it favourite!

We really enjoyed reading all the entries so we turned them into a blog
post for everyone to enjoy. You can see the complete list of entries,
along with the number of votes, at
http://blog.stata.com/2012/03/19/our-users-favorite-commands.  Your
favorite may be listed.

--Karen Strope