Re: st: save a subset of data

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: save a subset of data
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:18:52 +0000

On Wed, Mar 21 2012, tashi lama wrote:

> I want to list the variables and save... may be sth like this...
> list var1 var2, saving(filename)

keep var1 var2
save filename

> Also, while using odbc command, instead of using #delimit; because my
> query is too long to write in a single line, I tried using ///. /// is
> highlighted green except the first line. Unsurprisingly, when I run I
> get "unmatched quote". Can someone explain? I mean i could use #delimit;
> but I have a do file with multiple single line commands and i don't wnat
> to keep puttingt ";".

Put -#delimit ;- before the multiline commands and -#delimit cr- after:

#delimit ;
long command
  terminated by
  a semicolon;
#delimit cr

-#delimit cr- returns Stata to the default of single-line commands.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology