st: save a subset of data

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: save a subset of data
Date   Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:03:24 +0000

Hello all,

           Is there a way to save a subset of a dataset with list command? You know how we save graphs...i.e. tsline var1, saving(filename)

I want to list the variables and save... may be sth like this...

list var1 var2, saving(filename)

I know this is wrong, but is there a way we can sth to save the datasets displayed by list...

Also, while using odbc command, instead of using #delimit; because my query is too long to write in a single line, I tried using ///. /// is highlighted green except the first line. Unsurprisingly, when I run I get "unmatched quote". Can someone explain? I mean i could use #delimit; but I have a do file with multiple single line commands and i don't wnat to keep puttingt ";".