st: Re: Error message when using overid after ivprobit

From   Alita Nandi <>
Subject   st: Re: Error message when using overid after ivprobit
Date   Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:41:08 +0000

Thanks. Sorry about that.

To illustrate the problem, I have now run the relevant Stata commands using a Stata dataset, lbw.dta.

First I ran the following code
ivprobit low age lwt race smoke (ui = ptl ht), twostep

This worked well. Next I ran the following code

This is a user-written code
TITLE: SJ7-4 st0030_3.  Update: Instrumental variables and GMM:...
      Update: Instrumental variables and GMM:  Estimation and
      by Christopher F. Baum, Boston College
         Mark E. Schaffer, Heriot-Watt University
         Steven Stillman, Motu Economic Public Policy Research

Then I got the following error message:
invalid syntax

Re: st: Error message when using overid after ivprobit
From 	  Nick Cox <>
Subject 	  Re: st: Error message when using overid after ivprobit
Date 	  Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:15:12 +0000

Two suggestions:

1. Explain where user-written programs you refer to come from.
(-overid-, -ivreg2-, ...)

2. Give a complete example of your exact syntax as typed into Stata
(not schematic syntax). If possible reproduce the problem with one of
Stata's own datasets.

Please note