st: Error message when using overid after ivprobit

From   Alita Nandi <>
Subject   st: Error message when using overid after ivprobit
Date   Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:38:50 +0000

If I type overid after ivprobit with the two-step option I get an error message: "invalid syntax". I have tried overid and overid, depvar(mydepvar). I am using Stata version 12, although the I get the same error message when I controlled the version to 10 or 11. I cannot figure out why I am getting this error message. Do you know what the problem is? [It works after ivreg2]

Alita Nandi
Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER)
University of Essex
Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, Essex, CO4 3SQ, UK
Tel: +44 (01206) 874699
Fax: +44 (01206) 873151