Re: st: What happened to the S FNDATE macro

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: What happened to the S FNDATE macro
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:15:04 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Sayles, Harlan R wrote:
> I recently upgraded to STATA 12.  I seem to no longer have S_FNDATE macro available to me.  Any idea what happened to this macro?  I have not run a "macro delete" and I have tried reopening STATA.

That macro has not been available on my versions of Stata: 8, 9, 10,
11, and 12(*). So I guess this is either platform specific, I use
Windows, or you used to create that macro automatically at startup
using a file. However, much of these system macros have
been replaced by what is left behind in c(). A complete list can be
found in -help creturn-.

Hope this helps,

(*) I leave those old versions on my computer to check whether
programs I write that should work on older version, really work on
those older version

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen