st: RE: Figure out in which do-file an error occurred

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Figure out in which do-file an error occurred
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:02:08 -0500

I typically -set trace on- when I want to see where errors occur.

Jean-François Bertrand
Senior Economist | Économiste principal

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Oliver Jones
Sent: March 7, 2012 12:57 PM
Subject: st: Figure out in which do-file an error occurred

Hello Statalister,

I am working on a big project (well big for me).
I have a master do-file in which I call several other do-files.
It looks something like this fictional code:

******* begin master do-file **********
version 11

* Hi this is my master do-file
* A lot of stuff is done here and I
* call 5 different other do-files.

do sub-dofile-1
do sub-dofile-2
do sub-dofile-3
do sub-dofile-4
do sub-dofile-5

****** end master do-file *************

My problem is to find out in which of these sub-do-files an error occurred.
What makes it a bit tricky is that in the sub-do-files I call sub-sub-do-files and so on...

Kind Regards
Oliver Jones