st: Figure out in which do-file an error occurred

From   Oliver Jones <>
Subject   st: Figure out in which do-file an error occurred
Date   Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:57:24 +0100

Hello Statalister,

I am working on a big project (well big for me).
I have a master do-file in which I call several other do-files.
It looks something like this fictional code:

******* begin master do-file **********
version 11

* Hi this is my master do-file
* A lot of stuff is done here and I
* call 5 different other do-files.

do sub-dofile-1
do sub-dofile-2
do sub-dofile-3
do sub-dofile-4
do sub-dofile-5

****** end master do-file *************

My problem is to find out in which of these sub-do-files an error occurred.
What makes it a bit tricky is that in the sub-do-files I call sub-sub-do-files and so on...

Kind Regards
Oliver Jones