Re: st: Multinomial logit model with selection

Subject   Re: st: Multinomial logit model with selection
Date   Fri, 2 Mar 2012 13:08:43 -0500

Teresa,

cleanup issues in your post:

1. there is no -selmlog- in Stata world, as we know it. -findit
selmlog- returns a reference to -svyselmlog- on SSC. If a package is
not downloadable, it is nearly as good as non-existent. Without
knowing what -selmlog- produces, it is impossible to say how to
interpret its output.

2. References to the papers would be helpful. Especially if coupled
with links to full text or to RePEc, at least.

I can answer your question 2: I don't think any of the interpretation
changes. You are doing corrections in a different way, that's all.
What you called DMF(1) is more flexible, although not so internally
consistent compared to DMF(0), but as far as I can recall
Bourguignon's paper, it worked in a greater variety of settings.