Re: st: Repeated posts

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, "'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Repeated posts
Date   Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:54:01 -0500

At 12:16 PM 3/2/2012, Nick Cox wrote:
We have a policy on repeated posts. Some members: Please do note and respect it.

Here is the executive summary:

1. Three posts of (essentially) the same question and you are out [of order].

2. Don't just repost: rephrase a post that got no useful replies.

3. No one promises an answer on Statalist. Sorry if it didn't work out for you.

This is good advice. I'll add that sometimes you don't get an answer because the right person didn't read your Q the first time, so you may get lucky the 2nd time around. As it also says somewhere in the FAQ, clear subject headings can really help. I try to keep up with the list but right now I have several dozen unread messages, and I'll probably just declare defeat and mark them all as read soon. But, those with titles that look interesting to me may have a fighting chance of getting read first.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam