Re: st: Box-Cox Tobit

From   Mekhola Chatterjee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Box-Cox Tobit
Date   Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:14:17 -0600

Hello Anees,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have already come across the
-bctobit- command and the Box-Cox Double Hurdle model. But I am
specifically interested in knowing about the Box-Cox Tobit model. I am
just not sure whether after doing the Box-Cox transformation of the
dependent variable, I can straight away use the tobit estimation
command (-tobit-) and do my analysis? Will that help accounting for
the non-normality problem? Or, after the Box-Cox transformation the
likelihood itself will change and I have to write my own program?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Mekhola