st: RE: test command for categorical variables in survey data

From   Nanlesta Pilgrim <nanlesta@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: RE: test command for categorical variables in survey data
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:01:40 -0500

Dear Statalist,
I'm wondering if there is a test command for categorical variables
with survey data.
With continuous variables, you can run the test command:
. svy: mean testresult, over(childage)
. test [testresult]1=[testresult]2

For categorical variables, you run:
svy: tab wealth province

My question: how can I test which wealth category is significantly
different from another wealth category if the overall test result
indicates there is a significant difference but all the confidence
intervals overlap?

Thanks!
Nandy