st: RE: semi variogram Graph???

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: semi variogram Graph???
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:10:09 +0000

-variog2- is a user-written program on SSC. As mentioned repeatedly on this list, you are asked to explain where user-written commands you refer to come from.

I wrote the version on SSC in 2005. Ajita's report does not surprise to me. I would expect it to be slow with that size of dataset. I see that there is a Mata-based version in my files from 2010 which I will send privately to Ajita tomorrow. But it only works with one variogram at a time.

Also, it is not smart about earth curvature. It is in fact completely stupid about earth curvature. It is also stand-alone and not linked to any other geostatistical software.

Ajita Atreya

I have 13,000 observations on property prices and its coordinates. I am trying to make a semi-variogram using the command
 variog2 price lat long, width(20) lags(1000)...The program ran for the whole night but I got no output.

Is it the correct code for semivariogram???

Also, how do I add a new graph in the same plot. For eg semivariogram of residuals and prices together???