st: Working with aggregated data / exporting results to excel

From   "Puddicombe, David" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Working with aggregated data / exporting results to excel
Date   Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:47:37 -0800

Hi,

I am working with a dataset that has summary statistics for health facilities.  Each facility is within a health authority.  I would like to produce and export summary statistics to excel.

For example, the tabout command below creates a table that I would like to export to excel which has the number of staff immunized, the total number of staff, and I would like to add the percentage immunized as a column (but could do this in excel if necessary).

tabstat hcwai hcwa, by(ha) stat(sum) format(%9.0f)

Summary statistics: sum
  by categories of: ha (Health Authority)

    ha |   hcwaimm      hcwa
-------+--------------------
   IHA |      4490     10132
   FHA |      5173     16984
  VCHA |      5644     12173
  VIHA |      3941     10021
   NHA |      1832      4396
  PHSA |      2015      4389
 Total |     23095     58095

ha = health authority
hcwaimm = immunized
hcwa = total health care workers

Any help with this and general advice or suggested resources for working with aggregated data would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

David Puddicombe
BC Centre for Disease Control