st: Working with aggregated data / exporting results to excel

From   "Puddicombe, David" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: Working with aggregated data / exporting results to excel
Date   Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:47:37 -0800

I am working with a dataset that has summary statistics for health facilities.  Each facility is within a health authority.  I would like to produce and export summary statistics to excel.
For example, the tabout command below creates a table that I would like to export to excel which has the number of staff immunized, the total number of staff, and I would like to add the percentage immunized as a column (but could do this in excel if necessary).
tabstat hcwai hcwa, by(ha) stat(sum) format(%9.0f)

Summary statistics: sum
  by categories of: ha (Health Authority)
    ha |   hcwaimm      hcwa
   IHA |      4490     10132
   FHA |      5173     16984
  VCHA |      5644     12173
  VIHA |      3941     10021
   NHA |      1832      4396
  PHSA |      2015      4389
 Total |     23095     58095
ha = health authority
hcwaimm = immunized
hcwa = total health care workers
Any help with this and general advice or suggested resources for working with aggregated data would be greatly appreciated.
David Puddicombe
BC Centre for Disease Control