Re: st: using post stratification weights

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: using post stratification weights
Date   Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:43:18 -0500

I should have added: and use Stata's survey commands.  Note that weighting alone is not sufficient for valid inference. You must properly specify the first stage of  sampling design in the -svyset- statement. Otherwise standard errors will be wrong.

Specify the adjusted weights in the -svyset- statement by [pw = adjusted_wt]

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Afif Naeem wrote:

Thanks Stas for your response. I should have been more clear in my first email. What I meant is that I have weights in the data set generated through iterative proportional fitting, as described by the quote from the sruvey hand-book itself below.

What I can not figure out is how to utilize these weights to find out the summary statistics of variables in the data set. Also, is the a way to run simple Logit model where this weight variable is used to weigh individuals differently?