RE: st: using post stratification weights

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: using post stratification weights
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2012 22:51:53 -0500

Afif,
These will likely make things more clear:
Gelman, A., & Carlin, J.B. (2002). Poststratification and weighting adjustments. In R.M. Groves, D.A. Dillman, J.L. Eltinge & R.J.A. Little (Eds.), Survey Nonresponse (pp. 289–302). New York, NY: Wiley.

Gelman, A. (2007). Struggles with Survey Weighting and Regression Modeling. Statistical Science, 22(2), 153-164.http://projecteuclid.org/DPubS/Repository/1.0/Disseminate?view=body&id=pdfview_1&handle=euclid.ss/1190905511

Little, R.J.A. (1993). Post-stratification: A modeler’s perspective. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 88, 1001–1012.

Lazzeroni, L.C. and Little, R.J.A. (1998). Random-effects models for smoothing poststratification weights. Journal of Official Statistics, 14, 61–78.

Holt, D., & Mith, T.M.F. (1979). Post stratification. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 142, 33–46.

Cam