Re: Re: st: Situation where multiple imputation may be of no use?

From   Clyde B Schechter <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: Situation where multiple imputation may be of no use?
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2012 20:08:50 +0000

Thanks to Richard Williams for his thoughts.  The vonHippel 2007 reference linked in his reply is particularly helpful and completely explains the theory underlying my intuitions: the observations with missing dependent variable contain no information about the regression coefficients, and, in fact, are in most situations best omitted from the MI analysis.

Well, I was hoping I was wrong, because it might have been an easy way to save our project.  Instead, we'll have to do some hard work figuring out something else.

Clyde Schechter
Department of Family & Social medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Bronx, NY, USA