Re: st: Zeros and measures of inequality or concentration

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Zeros and measures of inequality or concentration
Date   Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:39:58 +0000

The -scsomersd- package (downloadable from SSC) was also updated recently to allow estimation (with asymmetric confidence limits using the hyperbolic arctangent or Fisher's z transformation) of Gini inequality coefficients for populations where some of the subjects have zero wealth. An example of estimating a Gini inequality coefficient appears in the on-line help for this package. If you install it, then you must also install -somersd- and -expgen-, also downloadable from SSC.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics