Re: st: MIXLOGIT: marginal effects

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: MIXLOGIT: marginal effects
Date   Thu, 9 Feb 2012 01:24:54 +0000

Brendan Halpin replied to Christopher 'Kit' Baum:

> To be fair to Maarten, he is only proposing the LPM in the context of
> people so committed to additive effects on the probability scale, that
> they insist on interpreting only the average marginal effects and
> ignoring the underlying model.

Those last four words looks to me like yet another strong argument
against using such models: they are statistically useless and simply
should not be used, period.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson