Re: st: MIXLOGIT: marginal effects

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: MIXLOGIT: marginal effects
Date   Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:48:41 +0000

On Wed, Feb 08 2012, Christopher Baum wrote:

> I don't understand it either, and I agree wholeheartedly with the
> sentiment.

To be fair to Maarten, he is only proposing the LPM in the context of
people so committed to additive effects on the probability scale, that
they insist on interpreting only the average marginal effects and
ignoring the underlying model.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology