Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe

From   Muhammad Anees <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe
Date   Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:27:15 +0500

Yes, observations might be siblings. I agree.
Thank you Richard.

Best,
Anees

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Richard Williams
<[email protected]> wrote:
> At 07:51 AM 2/7/2012, Muhammad Anees wrote:
>>
>> Yes I totally admit my confusing line by defining time periods as time
>> variable, but what I have understood so far (which is very limited)
>> about panel data fixed effects, is that there should be observations
>> for two time periods atleast, even if not the time is not existing in
>> the data.
>

> This is not my strong area, but I think the key thing is that you need two
> or more of something; it doesn't need to be time periods, it could, for
> example, be siblings. As far as I can tell, the -clogit- command is pretty
> much the same as -xtlogit, fe- and yet the manual's examples given for
> -clogit- are very different than the examples for -xtlogit, fe- .

> OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
> HOME:   (574)289-5227
> EMAIL:  [email protected]
> WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Best
Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan
http://www.aneconomist.com