Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe

Subject   Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe
Date   Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:24:14 -0500

At 07:51 AM 2/7/2012, Muhammad Anees wrote:
Yes I totally admit my confusing line by defining time periods as time
variable, but what I have understood so far (which is very limited)
about panel data fixed effects, is that there should be observations
for two time periods atleast, even if not the time is not existing in
the data.

This is not my strong area, but I think the key thing is that you need two or more of something; it doesn't need to be time periods, it could, for example, be siblings. As far as I can tell, the -clogit- command is pretty much the same as -xtlogit, fe- and yet the manual's examples given for -clogit- are very different than the examples for -xtlogit, fe- .

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam