Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: nbreg with fixed effect vs xtnbreg,fe
Date   Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:57:19 -0500

I've read descriptions of -clogit- that left me wondering whether the authors were talking about the same command. Similarly confusing is that Stata's panel data commands are often useful when you do not have panel data. It might be useful if the Stata help made it clear that the -xt- commands can be used for many different things, but maybe that would just confuse things further. I don't think it is too unusual for techniques to be developed for radically different reasons, and then it turns out that mathematically they are the same technique.