Re: st: SimpleSlopes in Multilevel Models

From   "Kerstin Alfes" <>
Subject   Re: st: SimpleSlopes in Multilevel Models
Date   Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:03:08 +0100

Thanks for the references, Cam. I will look into them!

Stan, I would like to graph the interaction and also calculate whether the relationship between ZSchaufelishort and logperformance is significant for high and/or low levels of ZPOS. If there is a way to do this without the ACM, that would help a lot.

Best wishes

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:21:14 -0500
> Von: Stas Kolenikov <>
> Betreff: Re: st: SimpleSlopes in Multilevel Models

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Cameron McIntosh <>
> wrote:
> > If you want to dissect the interaction effects further, yes you would
> need to estimate and test simple slopes, for which you would need the
> covariance between the main effect and interaction coefficients as you say. I
> don't know how to request the ACM in Stata, but tech support should be able to
> help you.
> I am pretty sure one won't need to try to get the covariance matrices
> (which are available as -e(V)-), as there is little you cannot do
> between -test-, -testnl-, -lincom- and -nlcom-. Matrix code will be
> ugly, and you need to master the convenience tools, anyway. What is
> involved in "estimating and testing simple slopes"?
> --
> Stas Kolenikov, also found at
> *
> *   For searches and help try: