Re: st: SimpleSlopes in Multilevel Models

Subject   Re: st: SimpleSlopes in Multilevel Models
Date   Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:21:14 -0500

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]> wrote:
> If you want to dissect the interaction effects further, yes you would need to estimate and test simple slopes, for which you would need the covariance between the main effect and interaction coefficients as you say. I don't know how to request the ACM in Stata, but tech support should be able to help you.

I am pretty sure one won't need to try to get the covariance matrices
(which are available as -e(V)-), as there is little you cannot do
between -test-, -testnl-, -lincom- and -nlcom-. Matrix code will be
ugly, and you need to master the convenience tools, anyway. What is
involved in "estimating and testing simple slopes"?