RE: st: png graph quality poor

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: png graph quality poor
Date   Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:38:40 +0000

Thanks for the quick replies. I realise now that the graph is exported as the default size of the graph window, if a size is not specified. Clearly I have resized the graph window between runs! I've had a quick look at png_options and I can specify the pixel size which I've managed to derive from my previous graphs by conversion of the cm size.

Much of this is covered in Johannes email - thanks for the clarification!, I'll explore the emf/wmf option also.

Best wishes

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis
Sent: 23 December 2011 09:33
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: png graph quality poor

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Tim Evans wrote:
> Is there a way for me to specify the size of the graph before export in Stata so that I don't have to stretch?

See: -help png_options-. Alternatively store your graphs as .wmf or
.emf, as these can much better be stretched or shrunken.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--------------------------
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36
72074 Tuebingen
Germany

http://www.maartenbuis.nl

_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.