st: graphing predicted effects

From   "L.M.A. Mulotte" <L.Mulotte@uvt.nl>
Subject   st: graphing predicted effects
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:04:01 +0000

Dear all,

On post http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-07/msg00121.html, Maarten Buis suggested a way to graph predicted effects for different samples on the same graph.

He suggested to fix remaining variables at their mean value. I have two questions.

1)	Is there any command that computes these means automatically when we have variety of control variables
2)	Can we still compute the mean when we have categorical variables as controls, for example race in the following example

use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/nlswork, clear
reg ln_wage  i.south i.south#(c.age##c.age c.grade c.birth_yr i.race)

Thanks for your consideration

Best,
Louis

Louis Mulotte
Assistant Professor
Organization and Strategy

Tilburg University
School of Economics and Management
PO Box 90153 - 5000 LE - Tilburg - The Netherlands
Room K1123 / Email: l.mulotte@tilburguniversity.edu / Phone: +31 13 466 8706