RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:42:00 +0000

Yes; I imagine so. I am only familiar with networks in which only one person can -update-, which can cause different kinds of frustration.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Tim Evans
Sent: 17 November 2011 17:12
To: ''
Subject: RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse

You were right. I use Stata installed over a network. When I did -update all- I wasn't aware of other users preventing access to certain files. Having asked other users to close Stata down momentarily, I have successfully updated and I no longer get the error message. I guess this is the problem you will face with a network install and while it was manageable for me to find the other user(s), this might not be easy for everyone with a network installation.

Best wishes