RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:42:00 +0000

Yes; I imagine so. I am only familiar with networks in which only one person can -update-, which can cause different kinds of frustration.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Tim Evans
Sent: 17 November 2011 17:12
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: RE: st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse

Nick,

You were right. I use Stata installed over a network. When I did -update all- I wasn't aware of other users preventing access to certain files. Having asked other users to close Stata down momentarily, I have successfully updated and I no longer get the error message. I guess this is the problem you will face with a network install and while it was manageable for me to find the other user(s), this might not be easy for everyone with a network installation.

Best wishes

Tim