st: RE: Logit using geometric means

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Logit using geometric means
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:10:53 +0800

If you are using logistic regression your dependent variable is binary.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Tuesday, 15 November 2011 5:00 AM
Subject: st: Logit using geometric means

Dear Statalist users,

I would like to know whether it is possible to make Stata use geometric
means instead of arithmetic means in a logistic regression.

I know that for a normal regression one can use a log transformation of
the dependent variable to achieve that aim.
Of course this is not possible with logistic regression. What solutions
would you suggest? Most of my variables are not normally distributed,
but are in fact lognormally distributed. But for my purposes only
logistic regression is of interest. How can I reconcile the two?

Please access the attached hyperlink for an important electronic
communications disclaimer: