st: Logit using geometric means

From   <N.M.Postel-Vinay@lse.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Logit using geometric means
Date   Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:59:39 -0000

Dear Statalist users,

I would like to know whether it is possible to make Stata use geometric means instead of arithmetic means in a logistic regression.

I know that for a normal regression one can use a log transformation of the dependent variable to achieve that aim.
Of course this is not possible with logistic regression. What solutions would you suggest? Most of my variables are not normally distributed, but are in fact lognormally distributed. But for my purposes only logistic regression is of interest. How can I reconcile the two?

Best,
Natacha