Re: st: spatial weight matrix in stata

Subject   Re: st: spatial weight matrix in stata
Date   Sun, 6 Nov 2011 11:22:33 -0500

Ajita Atreya <[email protected]>:
Presumably, these are real estate markets and it is not just
contiguity but farther neighbors that matter, so you should prefer
inverse distance weighting.  I am guessing, but merely guessing, that
islands are close to no other obs, so your banding has made them
infinitely far from all potential neighbors.  For further help, you
might want to contact the package authors, but you would want to make
sure you have carefully read and understood all the PDF documentation
referred to in their help files before you approach them for help.