RE: st: spatial weight matrix in stata

From   Ajita Atreya <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: spatial weight matrix in stata
Date   Sun, 6 Nov 2011 16:14:17 +0000

Hi Nichols,
I have installed sppack and I am planning to use spreg for spatial error and spatial lag dependence model. Before that I used spmat to create a weighting matrix based on the coordinates of the properties. I used banded form of matrix since I have huge dataset. But I am getting a warning: spatial matrix contains 5123 islands. I was not sure what that meant. Also, if somebody could tell me whether conginuity or inverse-distance matrix is appropriate that would help me a lot. I repeat that I have a panel data (more than 18000 obs)  and each observation refers to a single property sold at time t.
Thank You Ajita