Re: st: Propensity Score Matching - Show matches

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Propensity Score Matching - Show matches
Date   Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:28:07 +0100

Maximilian,

please say where user-written commands come from. You are using
-pscore-, which is probably

package st0026 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj2-4

TITLE
      SJ2-4 st0026.  Estimation of averate treatment effects ...

and its latest update

package st0026_2 from http://www.stata-journal.com/software/sj5-3

TITLE
      SJ5-3 st0026_2.  Estimation of average treatment effects

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
      Estimation of average treatment effects
      by Sascha O. Becker, University of Munich
         Andrea Ichino, EUI
      Support:  [email protected], [email protected]
      After installation, type help attk, attnd, attnw,
       attr, atts, and pscore

As far as I can see, your options are given in the help files. For
example the first sentence in the help file for -pscore- states that

"pscore [...] stratifies individuals in blocks according to the
pscore; displays summary statistics [...] of the stratification;"

So I would start with options -detail- and -blockid-. Also, in the
help file for -attnw- (or -attnd-) (both links are in the help file
for -pscore-) you find other options ( -match_options-  -matchvar-,
-matchdta-, and -id-) that might be helpfull.

I was not able to get exaclty what you want (in a 5 min trial).
However, I am wondering just why you would like to see a list of the
nearest neighbors anyway?

I know it is (or was, or has been) disapproved to make suggestions on
alternative user-written commands, but of you do not intend to stick
to -pscore-, you might want to try -psmatch2- (available from SSC). In
the help-file you will find, that variable "_nk" is created.

"_nk In the case of one-to-one and nearest-neighbors matching, for
every treatment observation, it stores the observation number of the
k-th matched control observation."

Best
Daniel

--
Dear all,
I am doing Propensity Score Matching with pscore and I would like to