Re: st: RE: Hiding Variables

From   saqlain raza <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Hiding Variables
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

You can use the command -keep- with the list of variables that you want to keep with your analysis.

Saqlain RAZA

From: Nick Cox <>
To: "''" <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:13 PM
Subject: st: RE: Hiding Variables

Why not just -drop- what you are not working with? You can

drop ...

I am using a file with around 500 variables and actually i am using only
around 20 of them. So, sometimes its hard to find the variable i am looking
for. So, is there any way i can hide the variables from variables box? i
want them to be there in my data but they should not show up in variables
box. also, is there any way i can hide them from data editor window.. and
when i want i can just unhide. I am using state 12 and data editor window
there is another box named "Variables". Stata has provided checkbox there
and when i click them the variable disappears from the data editor. but once
i close data editor, it all reverts to the way it was.

*   For searches and help try: