st: Hiding Variables

From   vikramfinavker <>
Subject   st: Hiding Variables
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

HI All,

I am using a file with around 500 variables and actually i am using only
around 20 of them. So, sometimes its hard to find the variable i am looking
for. So, is there any way i can hide the variables from variables box? i
want them to be there in my data but they should not show up in variables
box. also, is there any way i can hide them from data editor window.. and
when i want i can just unhide. I am using state 12 and data editor window
there is another box named "Variables". Stata has provided checkbox there
and when i click them the variable disappears from the data editor. but once
i close data editor, it all reverts to the way it was.