Re: st: Twelve commandments

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Twelve commandments
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:05:45 -0500

At 03:29 AM 10/18/2011, Nick Cox wrote:
My antennae sense a recent upward drift in questions that are unlikely
to be answered, or at least answered in the way that members hope. In
particular, Statalist is _not_ intended as a substitute for reading
the help and the manual or getting into appropriate literature
yourself.   Nor is it very likely that active members will be able or
willing to sketch out an entire data analysis project, as some recent
postings seem to expect.

When people sign up they get this message about checking the FAQ but I am sure a lot don't do it. Maybe these "12 commandments" or something like it could be part of that welcoming statement.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam