st: changing the name of cases

From   "Yang, Chongmin" <>
Subject   st: changing the name of cases
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:16:03 +0900

I want to know how I can change the name of cases.
For example, one of the cases included in "country" variable is "China
version1" and I want to change it into "China."

I have another question.
I have to combine two datasets but some labels of cases are different
such as "South Korea" in one dataset and "Republic of Korea" in the
If I would like to make both of the name of cases same, do I have
change them case by case?
Do you have any easier way to change them?