Re: st: changing the name of cases

From   Matthew White <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: changing the name of cases
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:26:26 -0400

> I have to combine two datasets but some labels of cases are different
> such as "South Korea" in one dataset and "Republic of Korea" in the
> other.
> If I would like to make both of the name of cases same, do I have
> change them case by case?

With -merge- and -append-, if a variable in both data sets is also
value-labeled in both, I think the label in the master data set will
be used.

Best,
Matt

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Yang, Chongmin <[email protected]> wrote:
> I want to know how I can change the name of cases.
> For example, one of the cases included in "country" variable is "China
> version1" and I want to change it into "China."
>
> I have another question.
> I have to combine two datasets but some labels of cases are different
> such as "South Korea" in one dataset and "Republic of Korea" in the
> other.
> If I would like to make both of the name of cases same, do I have
> change them case by case?
> Do you have any easier way to change them?
>
> Thanks.
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Matthew White
Data Coordinator
Innovations for Poverty Action
101 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, CT 06510 USA
+1 434-305-9861
www.poverty-action.org