st: RE: long differencing estimator

From   "Millimet, Daniel" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: long differencing estimator
Date   Mon, 3 Oct 2011 12:17:58 +0000

You can do this "by hand" very simply.  Assuming the panel is balanced,

1. tsset the data
2. create the LD for each variable as "gen X=X-L.#X" where # is = T-1
3. estimate the model using ivregress or ivreg2
4. generate the residuals based on parameter estimates
5. re-apply ivregress or ivreg2 with the augmented IV set
6. iterate as much as you want.

Daniel L. Millimet, Professor
Department of Economics
Box 0496