Re: st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: weights in pooled repeated cross sections
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:14:22 -0400

egen strataXyear = group(year strata)  (from http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-08/msg01411.html)

and -svyset- with that "superstratum"

Steve

On Sep 28, 2011, at 2:51 AM, Ivica Rubil wrote:

To Steve:
So, basically, if the same PSUs appear in all years, I do not get much
from pooling data, meaning I do not effectively get a larger sample? If
I find in these reports, if there is any, that the PSUs did not change,
then I can proceed and do 1., 2., and 3. as you suggested? What to do if
they did change?

To Cameron:
Thanks for the reference.

--
Ivica Rubil
Ekonomski institut / The Institute of Economics, Zagreb